Saturday 8 January 2011

Old Thoughts from Old Exhibitions (and I'm sorry I forgot the names - or misplaced them)

His fleece was white as snow

I don’t even know if it was a sheep or a goat as a head bucked it away. The usual 14 inch telly, But there on all fours she is, with her nipples out ready. And he suckles, the sound is the most evident thing. The constant beat of his head against her breast – is there even milk in his breast, or is she like an empty rubber teat. I forgot to say, the real thing, the real reason it’s worth watching. Is this goat’s mother is not a goat, or a sheep, she is a real woman. Taking over the place as he violently grasps her breasts. She looks lovingly, tender, she is goat. He is child. She kisses him and nuzzles his head, before buckng him away later. I say the goat/the sheep is a he, but really it could as well as easily been a she.. Her head, the woman/mother/ewe’s head, is out of shot (just) it only appears when she puts her lips to the child’s head, the little lamb.

And then we have a fight against a wall. I wish the wall had been the same battered and bruised one (I suspect it wasn’t) The projection working three fold. 3 takes, the film, the film performed, and then the film restaged

Went to M.A’s, hated it. I think there is a more purposeful way of archieving work.. something

No comments:

Post a Comment